[Dovecot] still having difficulties with per-user quotas

Daniel Parthey daniel.parthey at informatik.tu-chemnitz.de
Sat Oct 20 21:51:24 EEST 2012

David Mehler wrote:
> My first issue is from what it is looking like I have to define all my
> users in the quota database not just the ones whose values I want to
> override the global quota declaration in 90-quota.conf. If I just add
> the user at domain to the database the bytes and messages columns have
> zero as default, this means those values override global quota in
> 90-quota.conf and they effectively have unlimited access.

This is expected behavior. If the userdb returns a quota rule,
it overrides the global quota rule. Extend your SQL query to
return a default quota_rule for rows without quota entry.

> My second issue is I have entered a quota of 250 megabytes for a test
> user. This works but he seems to get more space everytime he logs in,
> started out at 250, on the next login it was 255, then 269 on the
> third, and so forth. I've checked the quota table and yes the value in
> the bytes column is increasing.

Please show output of doveconf -n and any external (sql/dict)
includes related to quota or quota_rules.

Regards
Daniel
--
https://plus.google.com/103021802792276734820