[Dovecot] Problem with sieve. dovecot 2.0.17

Stephan Bosch stephan at rename-it.nl
Tue Oct 23 22:40:43 EEST 2012

On 10/23/2012 5:19 PM, Eliezer Croitoru wrote:
> Since I have lots of filtering rules in thunderbird I was thinking of
> using sieve instead.
> I want to filter incoming mail into subdirectories.
> like "from" store at folder "old".
> the script is:
> require ["fileinto", "envelope"];
> if envelope :is "from" "eliezer at test.dom" {
>   fileinto "old";
> } else {
>   # The rest goes into INBOX
>   # default is "implicit keep", we do it explicitly here
>   keep;
> }
>
> the result is that the mail is stored in two folders instead of just
> one, INBOX and old.
> the logs shows:
> Oct 23 17:12:26 lda(eliezer at ngtech.co.il): Debug: sieve: executing
> script from /home/vmail/domain/eliezer/home/.dovecot.svbin
> Oct 23 17:12:26 lda(eliezer at test1.dom): Info: sieve:
> msgid=<5086B3C9.5030909 at test.dom>: stored mail into mailbox 'INBOX'
> Oct 23 17:12:26 lda(eliezer at test1.dom): Info: sieve:
> msgid=<5086B3C9.5030909 at test.dom>: stored mail into mailbox 'old'
>
> from unknown reason(or I didnt understood how sieve works?)

This behavior would definitely be a bug, but I cannot reproduce it even
with Dovecot 2.0.17 and Pigeonhole v0.2.5:

stephan at host:~/src/devel/dovecot-2.0-pigeonhole$
src/sieve-tools/sieve-test -t - -Tlevel=matching -e ~/frop.sieve ~/frop.eml

       ## Started executing script 'frop'
    2: envelope test
    2:   starting `:is' match with `i;ascii-casemap' comparator:
    2:   getting `from' part from message envelope
    2:   extracting `all' part from address `eliezer at test.dom'
    2:   matching value `eliezer at test.dom'
    2:     with key `eliezer at test.dom' => 1
    2:   finishing match with result: matched
    2: jump if result is false
    2:   not jumping
    3: fileinto action
    3:   store message in mailbox `old'
    3: jumping to line 7
       ## Finished executing script 'frop'

info: msgid=unspecified: stored mail into mailbox 'old'.
sieve-test(stephan): Info: final result: success

Could you test this at your end? Be careful, the above command adds a
message to the user's mailbox, so read the sieve-test man page first
before you try anything.  Also, I executed this from my development
tree, because I haven't got an operational Dovecot v2.0 installation.

I don't remember any bug that was solved since that version that could
explain what you're seeing. What is your Pigeonhole version? I've tried
with v0.2.5 at this end.

Also, could you provide your full configuration as output from `dovecot
-n` ?

Regards,

Stephan.