[Dovecot] Small issue with "submission host"

Thomas Leuxner tlx at leuxner.net
Thu Oct 25 17:08:52 EEST 2012

On Thu, Oct 25, 2012 at 03:09:47PM +0200, Raphael Ordinas wrote:
> When sending mail to MTA (in case of sieve filter forwarding for
> example), dovecot pass a RCPT TO command just after the EHLO. He's
> missing the MAIL FROM command.
> Therefore, my MTA show me a warning like this : "improper command
> pipelining after EHLO".

Works for me with latest and greatest although I'm not using the
'submission_host' option but pure LMTP Unix socket:

[...]
service lmtp {
  unix_listener /var/spool/postfix/private/dovecot-lmtp {
    group = postfix
    mode = 0660
    user = postfix
  }
}

Best to show your 'doveconf -n' for more thoughts.

Regards
Thomas