[Dovecot] Creating Maildir and populating with emails via external Python process

Bradley Rintoul brintoul at sbcglobal.net
Thu Oct 25 22:13:34 EEST 2012

This could be good.  I'd never looked into the LDA - I will study up on it.

Someone else was helping out here and I thought I'd shed some more light on what
I'm doing here...

Let's  say someone has an account with Yahoo, for example.  My Python code is
fetching email from the user's Yahoo! account and placing it into the  Dovecot
Maildir storage for a particular user.  Now when the user  retrieves their mail,
they are doing so using my Dovecot - my Dovecot  instance is acting as a proxy,
of sorts...

Thanks for the responses!

(Is there an IRC channel?)