[Dovecot] mail open slowly

Bernics Gábor | Penta Unió Zrt. bernics.gabor at penta.hu
Sat Oct 27 14:58:27 EEST 2012

Thank you

I use dovecot LDA (+sieve) with maildir.

conf:

http://pastebin.com/9fhYD58g

logs:

http://pastebin.com/CXct3B6k

connections:

http://pastebin.com/v24iRz60

"It's intresting when I
open an another old mail (with 0 sec wait), after new mail open quickly.

may client cached"

it's possible.

Schetterer ezt írta:

> Am 27.10.2012 09:52, schrieb Bernics Gábor |
Penta Unió Zrt.:

>> Hello, I have a dovecot IMAP server (relative
small hardware: HP Microserver with 6 Gbyte RAM, linux soft RAID1 with
2x 7200 SATA disk) with 100 Gbyte maildirs.

> that seems ok

Server works fine but sometimes I can open mails slowly (5-10 sec),
typical with new mails.

> what mailbox type, how much mail in that
mailbox
> how many concurent cons, imap or pop3 ?
> Is it dovecot mail
indexes or I/O problem?