[Dovecot] mail open slowly

Robert Schetterer rs at sys4.de
Sat Oct 27 15:55:04 EEST 2012

Am 27.10.2012 13:58, schrieb Bernics Gábor | Penta Unió Zrt.:

> Thank you
>
> I use dovecot LDA (+sieve) with maildir.
>
> conf:

in general you should upgrade to 2.1.x with lmtp

for better performance use

auth cache

http://wiki.dovecot.org/Authentication/Caching
an example you find in your config

> http://pastebin.com/9fhYD58g
>
> logs:
>
> http://pastebin.com/CXct3B6k

i dont see imap here, do more verbose logging

> connections:
>
> http://pastebin.com/v24iRz60

to much info for this stage

how much traffic concurent in fail stage would be interesting

any chance measure iops of the storage ?

what mail client ?

if tb

do debug

http://wiki.dovecot.org/Debugging/Thunderbird

how much mail does this mailbox have

> "It's intresting when I
> open an another old mail (with 0 sec wait), after new mail open quickly.
>

> may client cached"
>
> it's possible.

> Schetterer ezt írta:
>
>> Am 27.10.2012 09:52, schrieb Bernics Gábor |
> Penta Unió Zrt.:
>>
>>> Hello, I have a dovecot IMAP server (relative
> small hardware: HP Microserver with 6 Gbyte RAM, linux soft RAID1 with
> 2x 7200 SATA disk) with 100 Gbyte maildirs.
>>
>> that seems ok
>>

> Server works fine but sometimes I can open mails slowly (5-10 sec),
> typical with new mails.
>>
>> what mailbox type, how much mail in that
> mailbox
>> how many concurent cons, imap or pop3 ?
>> Is it dovecot mail
> indexes or I/O problem?