[Dovecot] Problems with Virtual and mail-search.c

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Mon Oct 29 16:27:20 EET 2012

On 18.10.2012, at 9.03, Levent Dane wrote:

>> I can't reproduce this. What contents do you have in dovecot-virtual files? Also doveconf -n output and gdb backtrace would be helpful: http://dovecot.org/bugreport.html
>
> in Code/dovecot-virtual:
> Archive
> 	inthread refs keyword code not deleted

I still couldn't reproduce with this.

> I tried to take coredump but i didn't compile with debug flags.
> http://pastebin.com/CMbiYJeK

I think the problem here mainly is that gdb doesn't work very nicely across multiple execs  (imap executes doveconf which executes imap again). You can avoid that by getting a core dump the regular way or making the $base_dir/config socket 0666 permissions.

> If you can't reproduce this error. Tomorrow, I'll compile with debug flags.

A proper gdb backtrace would definitely be the easiest way to solve this.

BTW. Is it only STATUS (UNSEEN) that crashes, or also if you simply SELECT the mailbox?