[Dovecot] Problems with Virtual and mail-search.c

Levent Dane limon at koli.be
Mon Oct 29 20:17:01 EET 2012

On 10/29, Timo Sirainen wrote:
>On 18.10.2012, at 9.03, Levent Dane wrote:
>
>>> I can't reproduce this. What contents do you have in dovecot-virtual files? Also doveconf -n output and gdb backtrace would be helpful: http://dovecot.org/bugreport.html
>>
>> in Code/dovecot-virtual:
>> Archive
>> 	inthread refs keyword code not deleted
>
>I still couldn't reproduce with this.

I think the problem is mail-search.c is corrupting the index files.

>> I tried to take coredump but i didn't compile with debug flags.
>> http://pastebin.com/CMbiYJeK
>
>I think the problem here mainly is that gdb doesn't work very nicely across multiple execs  (imap executes doveconf which executes imap again). You can avoid that by getting a core dump the regular way or making the $base_dir/config socket 0666 permissions.

I compiled with -ggdb flag. I'm getting this informations
/var/log/messages: http://pastebin.com/bpkvp4Ak
and from gdb: http://pastebin.com/HY0mVYBS

I'm using mutt for imap access. When I pressed '%' key which runs
<sync-mailbox> function, the dovecot got seqfault.

>> If you can't reproduce this error. Tomorrow, I'll compile with debug flags.
>
>A proper gdb backtrace would definitely be the easiest way to solve this.
>
>BTW. Is it only STATUS (UNSEEN) that crashes, or also if you simply SELECT the mailbox?

I tried simple SELECT and it still crashed. As I said, the problem is
dovecot.index files. Somehow, mail-search.c corrupts this file.

--
Levent Dane
832 356 7771