[Dovecot] Problems with Virtual and mail-search.c

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Mon Oct 29 20:23:14 EET 2012

On 29.10.2012, at 20.17, Levent Dane wrote:

>>> in Code/dovecot-virtual:
>>> Archive
>>> 	inthread refs keyword code not deleted
>>
>> I still couldn't reproduce with this.
>
> I think the problem is mail-search.c is corrupting the index files.

Not that itself, but yeah looks like if virtual plugin assert-crashes in mail-search.c it leaves the indexes so that the next access will segfault.

> I compiled with -ggdb flag. I'm getting this informations
> /var/log/messages: http://pastebin.com/bpkvp4Ak
> and from gdb: http://pastebin.com/HY0mVYBS

Better backtrace than last time, but still no debug information in the backtrace. Maybe that got stripped somewhere between compiling and installing? You can check with "file ..../imap" to see if it's there.

Also backtrace from both the mail-search.c assert crash and the segfault would be useful.