[Dovecot] Unable to get Managesieve working

Daniel Parthey daniel.parthey at informatik.tu-chemnitz.de
Wed Oct 31 01:37:09 EET 2012

Hi Cliff,

Cliff Dunn wrote:
> I have Roundcube webmail (v. 0.8.2) running with the managesieve
> plugin (v. 5.1).  I am able to create sieve rules without any
> problems in Roundcube, but incoming mail is not being processed with
> the rule I specify.

managesieve is the service for managing your sieve rules,
it does not process any emails.

In order to actually sort mails into folders, you need to add
the "sieve" plugin to your mail_plugins list.

http://wiki.dovecot.org/LDA/Sieve/Dovecot

protocol lda {
..
  # Support for dynamically loadable plugins. mail_plugins is a space separated
  # list of plugins to load.
  mail_plugins = sieve # ... other plugins like quota
}

Regards
Daniel
--