[Dovecot] dsync issue: "Server sent invalid input: Error parsing input: Unexpected ')'"

Gábor Lénárt lgb at lgb.hu
Wed Sep 12 00:14:26 EEST 2012

Hi,

On Tue, Sep 11, 2012 at 08:47:23PM +0300, Timo Sirainen wrote:
[...]
> > Is it possible that the problem about ')' is caused by this line?
>
> I'm not sure if it's because of that line, but there are ways to make it break with that error message. These fix it:

I just guessed it was, as the error msg was "server sent invalid input" but
the only input from the server according to tcpdump was that line.  For sure
it's only my oversimplified logic now :)

> http://hg.dovecot.org/dovecot-2.1/rev/382df961f290
> http://hg.dovecot.org/dovecot-2.1/rev/245fe7fd6f00

Thanks, Timo! With these patches the problem does not show up (honestly,
just a quick test after patching/rebuilding, but it seems work now).

Fatal: Mail locations must use the same virtual mailbox hierarchy separator
(specify separator for the default namespace)

Now I got this, but imho this is totally different issue (mine, not
dovcot's) and I will take care about that later.

Thanks for your help again!