[Dovecot] Dovecot 1.x POP3 to Dovecot 2.x POP3 mbox to Maildir best transfer program/method

Tim E. silent_wumpus at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 12 01:39:00 EEST 2012

Sorry for the delay. I have tried and failed to use dsync properly. What would the format and usage of the command be?
I have all my old Mbox mail file called user onto the new server under /home/trans and used dsync as follows:

dsync -v -u user backup user at domain.com

All I get back is the usage. Also, another concern. Will the dovecot indexes be recreated as they where on the old server. I ask
this question since the mbox file does not have the associated dovecot indexes. I know Im foobaring/newbying something simple at this point.
Any help would be appreciated. The real question is will the clients have to redownload their emails as I described in the first post.