[Dovecot] Changing Quota downward for special Mailboxes? (2.1.6)

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Tue Sep 18 19:17:50 EEST 2012

On 18.9.2012, at 14.40, Jost Krieger wrote:

> It seems there is no way to correct te quota limit downward for some
> mailboxes, like:
>
> quota_rule9 = UCE-TMP:storage=-10%%
>
> The idea is to not eat up the users storage with spam, so that spam
> stays in the queue (for some time) while real mail gets delivered.

Interesting idea. This was pretty easy to fix:

http://hg.dovecot.org/dovecot-2.1/rev/74d639b2a5bf

Now, the next problem is that if LDA can't save the message to UCE-TMP because of quota failure it saves it to INBOX. I'm not really sure how that should be fixed, since generally it's a good idea to do it..