[Dovecot] Changing Quota downward for special Mailboxes? (2.1.6)

Robert Schetterer robert at schetterer.org
Tue Sep 18 20:47:09 EEST 2012

Am 18.09.2012 18:17, schrieb Timo Sirainen:
> On 18.9.2012, at 14.40, Jost Krieger wrote:
>
>> It seems there is no way to correct te quota limit downward for some
>> mailboxes, like:
>>
>> quota_rule9 = UCE-TMP:storage=-10%%
>>
>> The idea is to not eat up the users storage with spam, so that spam
>> stays in the queue (for some time) while real mail gets delivered.
>
> Interesting idea. This was pretty easy to fix:
>
> http://hg.dovecot.org/dovecot-2.1/rev/74d639b2a5bf
>
> Now, the next problem is that if LDA can't save the message to UCE-TMP because of quota failure it saves it to INBOX. I'm not really sure how that should be fixed, since generally it's a good idea to do it..

some allready existing way is i.e
with milter and postfix tagged spam get in hold queue for i.e human
admin investigate, or some quarantaine with amavis
for sure there are benefits getting dovecot involved in spam tagging
but i would leave spam tagging to the mailserver in first way and
deliver it to Junk folder by global sieve rule with giving more quota or
ignoring  Quota to Junk folder, but i see this isnt the same what you
might wanna goal

--
Best Regards
MfG Robert Schetterer