[Dovecot] Changing Quota downward for special Mailboxes? (2.1.6)

Robert Schetterer robert at schetterer.org
Wed Sep 19 17:03:45 EEST 2012

Am 19.09.2012 14:53, schrieb Jost Krieger:
> On Tue 18 Sep 2012 07:47:09 PM GMT, Robert Schetterer wrote:
>
>> some allready existing way is i.e
>> with milter and postfix tagged spam get in hold queue for i.e human
>> admin investigate, or some quarantaine with amavis
>
> Human admin is not a good idea if you have 50000 users :-)
> Quarantine's a possibility, but that's taking it out of "Mail" and adds
> complexity.

as ever ,this is different in different places
specially Quarantine is wide used

>> for sure there are benefits getting dovecot involved in spam tagging
>> but i would leave spam tagging to the mailserver in first way and
>> deliver it to Junk folder by global sieve rule with giving more quota or
>> ignoring  Quota to Junk folder, but i see this isnt the same what you
>> might wanna goal
>
> That's just what we want to do, *but* although it's in the Wiki I don't
> think it a good idea to *raise* the limit for the junk folder if you
> *deliver* to it. It's somewhat ok if you move mail there and someone
> picks it up (we do that with a different folder). But on delivery it
> means at some point you can receive spam but no real messages. Not nice.
>
> "ignore" may work if it does what I think (never even count bytes and
> messages in this folder) but it is open to abuse ...

there is no good or evil to this case, its a design question which may
change in different places,, the abuse case might be acceptable, as the
Junk folder i.e is imap special used autoconfigured
and has auto empty feature, i give 50 mb plus quota on Junk folder
and delete mail older then 3 month there

--
Best Regards
MfG Robert Schetterer