[Dovecot] Changing Quota downward for special Mailboxes? (2.1.6)

Jost Krieger Jost.Krieger+dovecot at rub.de
Wed Sep 19 15:53:39 EEST 2012

On Tue 18 Sep 2012 07:47:09 PM GMT, Robert Schetterer wrote:

> some allready existing way is i.e
> with milter and postfix tagged spam get in hold queue for i.e human
> admin investigate, or some quarantaine with amavis

Human admin is not a good idea if you have 50000 users :-)
Quarantine's a possibility, but that's taking it out of "Mail" and adds
complexity.

> for sure there are benefits getting dovecot involved in spam tagging
> but i would leave spam tagging to the mailserver in first way and
> deliver it to Junk folder by global sieve rule with giving more quota or
> ignoring  Quota to Junk folder, but i see this isnt the same what you
> might wanna goal

That's just what we want to do, *but* although it's in the Wiki I don't
think it a good idea to *raise* the limit for the junk folder if you
*deliver* to it. It's somewhat ok if you move mail there and someone
picks it up (we do that with a different folder). But on delivery it
means at some point you can receive spam but no real messages. Not nice.

"ignore" may work if it does what I think (never even count bytes and
messages in this folder) but it is open to abuse ...

Yours
Jost Krieger
--
| Jost.Krieger+sig at ruhr-uni-bochum.de  Please help stamp out spam! |
| Postmaster, JAPH, resident answer machine    at RUB Comp. Center |