[Dovecot] Can`t get over 1024 processes on FreeBSD - possible bug?

Angel L. Mateo amateo at um.es
Mon Sep 24 09:17:11 EEST 2012

El 21/09/12 11:32, Tomáš Randa escribió:
> Hello,
>
> I still cannot get dovecot running with more then 1000 processes, but
> hard limit is 8192 per user in box. I tried everything, including
> modifying startup script of dovecot to set ulimit -u 8192. Could it be
> some dovecot bug or dovecot<>freebsd bug?
> I also tried to set client_limit=2 in imap service to spawn more imap
> clients in one process, but still I am over 1000 processes with kernel
> message:
>
> maxproc limit exceeded by uid 89
>

> Could anybody help? Many thanks Tomas

Hi,

	I don't know BSD, but we had a similar problems with linux, when we
reached 1024 processes, no more processes were created and we had errors
like "imap-login: Panic: epoll_ctl(add, 6) failed: Invalid argument".

	If this is your same case, you could look for more info at
http://www.dovecot.org/list/dovecot/2012-July/067014.html

--
Angel L. Mateo Martínez
Sección de Telemática