[Dovecot] Patches and dovecot releases

Robert Schetterer robert at schetterer.org
Mon Sep 24 19:46:23 EEST 2012

Am 24.09.2012 17:44, schrieb Jean Michel:
> I'd like to know if after a release, for example the recently release
> 2.1.10, its common to see few days from the release some bug reports and
> algo some patches, are theses patches applyed on the daily builds ?
>

> ------------------------------
> Jean Michel Feltrin

look

http://hg.dovecot.org/

dovecot has tons of config options, and there are
extrem multi ways to set it up ( for this we love dovecot ), so some
stuff may bug
in a stable release for some setups/functions sometimes
also distros do self patching, there are sometimes kernel bugs etc
in general
its not a software having bugs, its the way and speed they get fixed,
and Timo does a "wonderman" job here

after all ,unless there are no security fixes, or you urgent need
new setup options etc, nobody presses you to upgrade in a stable tree
read the changelogs

--
Best Regards
MfG Robert Schetterer