[Dovecot] Plugin "lazy_expunge" and subfolder

Robert Schetterer robert at schetterer.org
Wed Sep 26 15:51:00 EEST 2012

Am 26.09.2012 12:50, schrieb Andreas Kossack:
> Hi Timo, hi all,
>
> we want to use the "lazy_expunge" plugin (from dovecot 2.1.10) and had
> configured it in a test environemnt like described in
>   "http://wiki2.dovecot.org/Plugins/Lazyexpunge" (1 namespace)
>
> There are some subfolders from "INBOX" (like "INBOX/SPAM") in a "maildir++"
> configuration. All actions on first level directories ".INBOX", ."Sent"
> or ".Archives" are working as expected.
>
> If there is an expunge activity on e.g. ".INBOX.SPAM" directory we get an
> error message in dovecot log:
> Sep 26 12:27:55 imap(testuser): Error: lazy_expunge: Couldn't open
> expunge mailbox: Character not allowed in mailbox name: '.'
>
> What can we do or change to make it work?

sorry didnt tested lazy_plugin yet

try

http://wiki2.dovecot.org/Plugins/Listescape

Examples

Allow '.' characters with Maildir++ layout when virtual hierarchy
separator is changed to '/':

mail_plugins = $mail_plugins listescape

namespace private {
  separator = /
  inbox = yes
}

plugin {
  # The default escape character is '\', but you can change it.
  # Note that even here the expansion of % takes place, thus you need to
  # use "%%" if you want to have the % sign as the escape character.
  #listescape_char = "\\"
}

or change your general namespace settings to get it work , might be
better choice

--
Best Regards
MfG Robert Schetterer