[Dovecot] Plugin "lazy_expunge" and subfolder

Andreas Kossack Andreas.Kossack at TU-Cottbus.De
Wed Sep 26 13:50:44 EEST 2012

Hi Timo, hi all,

we want to use the "lazy_expunge" plugin (from dovecot 2.1.10) and had
configured it in a test environemnt like described in
   "http://wiki2.dovecot.org/Plugins/Lazyexpunge" (1 namespace)

There are some subfolders from "INBOX" (like "INBOX/SPAM") in a "maildir++"
configuration. All actions on first level directories ".INBOX", ."Sent"
or ".Archives" are working as expected.

If there is an expunge activity on e.g. ".INBOX.SPAM" directory we get an
error message in dovecot log:
Sep 26 12:27:55 imap(testuser): Error: lazy_expunge: Couldn't open expunge mailbox: Character not allowed in mailbox name: '.'

What can we do or change to make it work?

--
	Best regards
		A. Kossack

  Andreas Kossack                                 Andreas.Kossack at TU-Cottbus.De
  BTU Cottbus, Brandenburg, Germany,         Walther-Pauer-Str.2, 03046 Cottbus
  http://wwwca.telesec.de/cgi-bin/caservice/Common/InstallRoot/DT-Root-CA-2.der