[Dovecot] clucene build warnings?

Sun Sep 16 17:41:10 EEST 2012

Hi all/Timo,

Is clucene still the best/recommended method for enabling full text search?

Although I haven't enabled FTS yet, I plan on doing sometime in the
future, and was going to be using clucene, but before I do, I'd like to
see if I need to worry about an issue I've been seeing ever since I
first installed clucene (and still get every time it is upgraded)...

I run gentoo linux on an amd64 server, and have always gotten this
warning whenever it is updated (and also got it when I first installed it):

QA Notice: Package triggers severe warnings which indicate that it
            may exhibit random runtime failures.
/var/tmp/portage/dev-cpp/clucene-2.3.3.4-r4/work/clucene-core-2.3.3.4/src/core/CLucene/index/DocumentsWriter.cpp:129:33: warning: passing NULL to non-pointer argument 2 of ‘void* memset(void*, int, size_t)’
Please do not file a Gentoo bug and instead report the above QA
issues directly to the upstream developers of this software.
Homepage:http://clucene.sourceforge.net/

Has anyone else ever seen similar warnings when building clucene?

Is the gentoo ebuild output correct that this is not a gentoo bug, but
is in fact a problem with upstream?

If so, is it harmless? Or should I try to get upstream to fix it?

That said, being that ianap, I probably wouldn't be much help to them,
so, Timo, any chance you can see if this is a problem that needs to be
addressed with them?

Thanks,

--

Best regards,