[Dovecot] sieve-filter ignoring separator

Isak Rubin dot5productions at gmail.com
Wed Apr 3 15:59:50 EEST 2013

# egrep -rn lda_mailbox_autocreate  /etc/dovecot/conf.d/
/etc/dovecot/conf.d/15-lda.conf:41:lda_mailbox_autocreate = yes

if header :regex "From" "([a-zA-Z0-9._%+-]+)(@)([a-zA-Z0-9._%+-]+)" {
        set :lower "person" "${1}";
        set :lower "domain" "${3}";
        fileinto "INBOX/bydomain/${domain}/${person}";
        stop;
}

Robert: Autocreate works fine using lda, the issue here is when running
sieve filters manually using sieve-filter
When receiving mails they are sorted and created and everything works fine,
but I need to be able to manually execute sieve scripts on some folders,
and that's when it seems unable to autocreate.

But i guess lda_mailbox_autocreate is not used at all when running
sieve-filter manually, as i assume it just bypass the lda all together

Regards
Isak