[Dovecot] client limit and STARTTLS

Noel Butler noel.butler at ausics.net
Sat Apr 6 05:43:02 EEST 2013

Hi David,

On Fri, 2013-04-05 at 13:05 -0700, David Benfell wrote:

> doveconf: Warning: service auth { client_limit=256 } is lower than
> required under max. load (3072)
> doveconf: Warning: service anvil { client_limit=256 } is lower than
> required under max. load (2051)

> service auth {
>   unix_listener /var/spool/postfix/private/auth {
>     mode = 0666
>   }

     client_limit =  3072

> }

service anvil {
  client_limit = 2051
}

(That's kinda interesting my anvil values need to be higher than auth
values, yours is opposite, but, if thats what dovecot says...)

> Second question: STARTTLS isn't working. What am I missing? Sorry if
> this is something that should be obvious; I'm fighting a similar
> battle with postfix and I'm being pushed around the bend while I
> really need to be working on other things.

Are your certificate chains valid?  Simply saying "isn't working"  is
almost a requirement for a *sigh*
log output please, or a better description than "isn't working" ;)