[Dovecot] v2.1.16 released

Robert Schetterer rs at sys4.de
Sun Apr 7 18:57:09 EEST 2013

Am 07.04.2013 17:28, schrieb Andreas Meyer:
> Robert Schetterer <rs at sys4.de> wrote:
>
>> Am 07.04.2013 16:07, schrieb Andreas Meyer:

>>> Got a problem with the quota-status. I added it using the howto
>>> from Ralf Hildebrand at
>>> http://sys4.de/de/blog/2013/04/05/dovecot-quota-mit-postfix-abfragen/
>>>
>>> # netstat -pantu |grep 12340
>>> tcp        0      0 127.0.0.1:12340    0.0.0.0:*    LISTEN      19666/dovecot
>>>
>>> plugin {
>>>     quota = maildir:User quota
>>>     quota_grace = 10%%
>>>     quota_rule = *:storage=500MB
>>>     quota_rule2 = Trash:storage=+10%%
>>>
>>>     quota_status_success = DUNNO
>>>     quota_status_nouser = DUNNO
>>>     quota_status_overquota = 552 5.2.2 Mailbox is full / Mailbox ist voll
>>>
>>>     autocreate = Trash
>>>     autocreate2 = Drafts
>>>     autocreate3 = Sent
>>>
>>>     autosubscribe = Trash
>>>     autosubscribe2 = Drafts
>>>     autosubscribe3 = Sent
>>> }
>>>
>>> service quota-status {
>>>     executable = quota-status -p postfix
>>>     inet_listener {
>>>         port = 12340
>>>     }
>>>     client_limit = 1
>>> }
>>>
>>> and in der main.cf of postfix
>>> warn_if_reject check_policy_service inet:127.0.0.1:12340
>>>
>>> I get this in the logfile of postfix:
>>> Apr  7 15:52:51 delta postfix/smtpd[19988]: warning: access table inet:127.0.0.1:12340 entry  has empty value
>>>
>>> What's wrong? Postfis does not seem to get the quota-status from dovecot.
>>>
>>>   Andreas
>>>

>> not sure what this means and in hurry ,but
>> i.e try alternate setup
>>
>> service quota-status {
>>         executable = quota-status -p postfix
>>         unix_listener /var/spool/postfix/private/quota-status {
>>         group = postfix
>>         mode = 0660
>>         user = postfix
>>         }
>>         client_limit = 1
>> }
>>
>> smtpd_recipient_restrictions = reject_non_fqdn_recipient,
>>                                reject_unknown_recipient_domain,
>>                                permit_mynetworks,
>>                       reject_unauth_destination,
>>                       check_policy_service unix:private/quota-status
>
> Tried that already with the same behaviour. Postfix does not get
> the quota-status.
>
>   Andreas

Hi Andreas, i should clean up my eyes
the dovecot policy daemon code really is in
2.1.16 but there is no quota_grace Parameter, without
this service make small sense i.e if you allready have lmtp quota
enabled, cause mostly this will bounce mail before the mailbox gets
overquota in real

if you want to test dove quota feature it only make sense
if using dove 2.2 ( as written in the blog by Ralf)

speculation , i dont think that Timo will backport quota_grace to 2.1

Best Regards
MfG Robert Schetterer

--
[*] sys4 AG