[Dovecot] v2.1.16 released

Andreas Meyer anmeyer at anup.de
Sun Apr 7 20:02:15 EEST 2013

Robert Schetterer <rs at sys4.de> wrote:

> >> not sure what this means and in hurry ,but
> >> i.e try alternate setup
> >>
> >> service quota-status {
> >>         executable = quota-status -p postfix
> >>         unix_listener /var/spool/postfix/private/quota-status {
> >>         group = postfix
> >>         mode = 0660
> >>         user = postfix
> >>         }
> >>         client_limit = 1
> >> }
> >>
> >> smtpd_recipient_restrictions = reject_non_fqdn_recipient,
> >>                                reject_unknown_recipient_domain,
> >>                                permit_mynetworks,
> >>                       reject_unauth_destination,
> >>                       check_policy_service unix:private/quota-status
> >
> > Tried that already with the same behaviour. Postfix does not get
> > the quota-status.

> Hi Andreas, i should clean up my eyes
> the dovecot policy daemon code really is in
> 2.1.16 but there is no quota_grace Parameter, without
> this service make small sense i.e if you allready have lmtp quota
> enabled, cause mostly this will bounce mail before the mailbox gets
> overquota in real

Didn't know the thing with the quota_grace. Yes, I use dovecot-lda
as transport from postfix. So postfix hands over the mail to the
virtual_transport = dovecot and the check with the inet_listener
isn't done then? B)
I guess dovecot-lda should report the quota-status and do the check.

> if you want to test dove quota feature it only make sense
> if using dove 2.2 ( as written in the blog by Ralf)

I testet this in a productive environment. If I get the time I'll
setup a testmachine for 2.2

> speculation , i dont think that Timo will backport quota_grace to 2.1
>
> Best Regards
> MfG Robert Schetterer

Greetings

  Andreas