[Dovecot] How to see folders/subfolders/emails through imap

Stephan von Krawczynski skraw at ithnet.com
Mon Apr 8 18:51:09 EEST 2013

Hello all,

I am trying to do something very simple - at least thats what I thought.
I have some fs, it contains folders and subfolders with email files ordered
like maildir. Now I try to set up dovecot on top simply to let some imap
account watch these email files. But I cannot see any folders at all. I can
create new folders and see them, but I cannot create subfolders as subdirs
like "folder/subfolder". Instead I get "folder.subfolder" dirs on the fs.
I tried to set the separator to "/", but that does not help at all.

Is there some easy way to configure dovecot to display:

<somedir>/<folder1>/<subfolder1>/new/files...
                    <subfolder2>/new/files...
                    <subfolder3>/new/files...

according to fs layout on some imap-client (like thunderbird)?

--
Regards,
Stephan