[Dovecot] Pigeonhole 0.3.4: Warning: sieve: encountered corrupt binary: re-compiling script

Daniel Piddock dgp-dove at corefiling.co.uk
Wed Apr 10 12:39:59 EEST 2013

On 09/04/13 16:43, Stephan Bosch wrote:
> Op 4/9/2013 4:04 PM, Daniel Piddock schreef:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Upgraded to Dovecot 2.1.16 and Pigeonhole 0.3.4 yesterday. We use lmtp
>> and sieve. I've now started to see in the logs the following entries:
>>> Warning: Jz6kNv8AY1FdfQAAVMeomg: sieve: encountered corrupt binary:
>> re-compiling script [script path]
>>
>> The script then appears to run correctly and the message gets stored
>> where ever it should be.
>>
>> This only appears to be happening for a few users and although it
>> happens on the majority of their messages it doesn't happen for every
>> single one.
>>
>> What's the best way to start debugging?
>
> If it is re-occurring for the same user and script, something is
> definitely wrong. From what version are you upgrading?
>
> You can send me the .sieve and the .svbin so that I can see what is
> going on.
>
> Regards,
>
> Stephan.

Hi Stephan,

We were upgrading from Dovecot 2.1.15 and Pigeonhole 0.3.3. Somebody
noticed that the .svbin wasn't actually being updated hence the regular
error. Deleting the files forced pigeonhole to recreate them properly
and the warnings stopped happening.

[sent .svbin and .sieve off list]

Cheers,
Dan