[Dovecot] Pigeonhole 0.3.4: Warning: sieve: encountered corrupt binary: re-compiling script

Stephan Bosch stephan at rename-it.nl
Wed Apr 10 13:22:20 EEST 2013

Op 4/10/2013 11:39 AM, Daniel Piddock schreef:
> On 09/04/13 16:43, Stephan Bosch wrote:
>> Op 4/9/2013 4:04 PM, Daniel Piddock schreef:
>>> What's the best way to start debugging?
>> If it is re-occurring for the same user and script, something is
>> definitely wrong. From what version are you upgrading?
>>
>> You can send me the .sieve and the .svbin so that I can see what is
>> going on.
> We were upgrading from Dovecot 2.1.15 and Pigeonhole 0.3.3. Somebody
> noticed that the .svbin wasn't actually being updated hence the regular
> error.

If Sieve fails to save the binary, some errors should be logged
somewhere about that. E.g.

sieve: binary save: failed to create temporary file: ...
sieve: binary save: failed to save binary: ...

Did you miss something in the logs?

> Deleting the files forced pigeonhole to recreate them properly
> and the warnings stopped happening.
>
> [sent .svbin and .sieve off list]

This happens due to a change in the binary format of the
vnd.dovecot.duplicate extension. I should have increased the global
binary version number for this. This is cumbersome, so for Pigeonhole
v0.4 extensions have their own version number. Version mismatches cause
a (silent) recompile, avoiding these warnings.

Regards,

Stephan.