[Dovecot] Multiple Logins on same accounts from different stations, RE-POSTING

HL freemail.grharry at gmail.com
Fri Apr 19 09:06:07 EEST 2013

On 19/04/2013 08:49 πμ, Daniel Reinhardt wrote:
> In all honesty with this setup, I would recommend that you setup a
> sales at domain alias account and put these 4 accounts within that
> alias.  Each user would then get a single copy of the message, and
> would prevent accidental deletion by another user.
>
> It is never wise to allow multiple people to login to one account from
> multiple locations.  One user can move data to another folder and
> another user may not like that other persons method of organization.

Thanks for your contribution however I think you reply on a different
issue, that is Business internal procedures and organization.
My users have the appropriate setup that supports your point of view
plus ... shared folders, Public Folders, aliases ... name it.

However they prefer it this way for some reason that beats me.

Mainly the issue here is the IMAP protocol and communication between
mail client and server.
Thanks.