[Dovecot] Sieve - BCC

Stephan Bosch stephan at rename-it.nl
Sun Apr 21 16:52:03 EEST 2013

On 4/21/2013 3:10 PM, iliusha wrote:
>> The whole point of Bcc is that the sending SMTP server removes the header
> before the mail is sent
> Yes, you right, thank you, i didn't know that.
>
> but, do you now what is strange - ok i don't have the BCC point in message
> header, but i have Envelope-to: header, why the sieve won't process it?
> (envelope :contains "to" "test at example.com" )
>
> This is how i receive email headers:

> Delivery-date: Sun, 21 Apr 2013 09:24:23 +0300

That is strange. This could mean that the envelope is passed a bit
differently than you think. Those headers are only used by Dovecot if no
other sources are available for envelope information.

Do you see anything strange in the logs?

You could try the following Sieve script to get a bit more information
(perhaps I should make a normal debug log line for this).

require "vnd.dovecot.debug";
require "envelope";
require "variables";

# Get envelope
if envelope :matches "to" "*" { set "env_to" "${1}";  }

debug_log "ENVELOPE_TO: ${env_to}";

You need to enable the vnd.dovecot.debug extension in your
sieve_extensions= setting.

The debug line will be logged in the user log (e.g. ~/.dovecot.sieve.log)

Regards,

Stephan.