[Dovecot] Mail being delivered but MUA showing empty inbox

Nigel Smith gb10hkzo-dovecot at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Aug 2 14:59:30 EEST 2013

> So, I'll now be a bit insisting, but could you now try with:
> mail_location = maildir:~/mails

Ok, will go try now.

>If it works, this may prove useful in the future (for example, should you want make use of sieve or easily avoid to have >the control/index files taken into account for the quotas).

Ah yes, Sieve.  That's going to be my next challenge.  I have not tested it yet, but have been wondering if the various sieve directory settings (e.g.
sieve_dir,sieve,sieve_global_dir etc. etc.) operate independently of the
 "general" Dovecot directory settings (e.g. mail_location, the home
directory in user files etc.) ?

> As a last step, you could then try to chroot again.

Only if someone can suggest why my original chroot config didn't work first, otherwise I'll just be breaking things again  ;-)