[Dovecot] Sieve filterset not activating in Dovecot 2.0.15 with Sieve plug-in and Roundcube 0.5.3: "NO (TRYLATER) Internal Error."

Joe Lourenco joe.lourenco at cctechnol.com.br
Thu Aug 22 02:11:49 EEST 2013

Hello Everyone,

I am running Dovecot 2.0.15 with its Sieve plug-in, and Roundcube 0.5.3.

I have a problem with just one particular user, who after creating a
filters set and creating a filter in Roundcube, this user cannot
activate the filters set.

At first, this user could not create a filter at all. That was resolved
by creating  the "sieve" directory with the right permissions in his /home.

Logs show the following when trying to activate the filters set via the
Roundcube:

roundcube: S: NO (TRYLATER) "Internal error occured. Refer to server log
for more information. [2013-08-21 19:01:13]"

Nothing is showing up on the server log.

I have tried to activate the filter via the Sieve command line,
authenticating the user, then running "SETACTIVE "roundcube"", but the
error is the same, an internal server error.

Again, I can successfully do this via the command line or Roundcube,
from say, my userid.

I appreciate any help.

--
Joe Lourenco