[Dovecot] mdbox - healthy rotation size vs default

Mon Aug 26 21:35:40 EEST 2013

On 2013-08-24 4:47 AM, Michael Grimm <trashcan at odo.in-berlin.de> wrote:
> Don't ask me why I did chose 100m, I cannot remember;-)  Ok, if one of such mdbox files will become corrupt, I will loose a lot of mail, but on the other hand I am running two dovecot servers in parallel (replicator/dsync) and I do take hourly snapshots (ZFS) of my mail storage file system as well.

Well, if they are stored on ZFS, I guess the chances of corruption are
extremely minimal (much less than for other filesystems)...

I'm curious, is this on FreeBSD? Linux? I'm interested in details, as
I'd love to be able to use ZFS on my gentoo linux box without having to
enable modules...

--

Best regards,

*/Charles/*