[Dovecot] Dovecot+LDAP lda problem

Zeljko Culek zeljko.culek at nth.ch
Tue Dec 10 15:56:49 EET 2013

Hello everyone,

I need some help with Dovecot+LDAP config and local delivery.

We're using Dovecot 2.0.9 on Centos 6.4. Before, we used Qmail with the
same LDAP. Our LDAP accounts have the attribute

deliveryMode

which we used for mailing lists (OK, they are in fact mailing groups
rather than lists). When the attribute is set to

deliveryMode = nolocal

Qmail did not deliver mail to the list mailbox, only to the accounts on
the list/group.

Now with Dovecot(+postfix) I can't achieve the same behaviour. Can
Dovecot be set up not to deliver the mail to the list mailbox if the
list has the attribute deliveryMode = nolocal?

This is my /etc/dovecot/conf.d/dovecot-ldap.conf.ext
hosts = xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
auth_bind = yes
dn = cn=admin,dc=nth,dc=ch
dnpass = xxxxxxxxxx
ldap_version = 3
base = dc=nth,dc=ch
#deref = always
scope = subtree
user_attrs = mail=user
user_filter =
(|(&(objectclass=inetOrgPerson)(mail=%u))(|(mailAlternateAddress=%u)))
pass_attrs = uid=user
pass_filter =
(&(objectclass=inetOrgPerson)(|(mail=%u)(mailAlternateAddress=%u)))
default_pass_scheme = CRYPT

Basicaly, I want to make check:
if deliveryMode=nolocal > do not deliver to mail=some.mail at tld.com (only
to mailForwardingAddress)