[Dovecot] Errors with doveadm when using checkpassword

Andy Dills andy at xecu.net
Tue Feb 5 14:53:50 EET 2013

On Tue, 5 Feb 2013, Timo Sirainen wrote:

> I think you need to remove doveadm_proxy_port from the backend
> dovecot.conf. Then it doesn't perform the PASS lookup. But you also
> should run doveadm via the proxy instance so that it gets run in the
> correct server (doveadm -c /etc/dovecot/proxy.conf or doveadm -i proxy
> if you've given it a name).

On a seperate note I'm sure a lot of people would benefit from -c/-i being
mentioned on http://wiki2.dovecot.org/Tools/Doveadm.

You are one man with only so much time so I tried registering on the wiki
to propose an edit for you, but I'm not allowed. I think all we need is to
know that -c and -i exist, and a note about how people in proxy/director
configurations need to make sure to tell doveadm to communicate with the
instance that is running director.

For some reason, my intuition would be that since doveadm is aware of both
instances, that it should be aware of which one's config to use for
connecting to director for proxy information.

Thanks,
Andy

---
Andy Dills