[Dovecot] dovecot, postfix and sieve - broken by Ubuntu upgrade 10.10 -> 12.04

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Sun Feb 10 17:49:06 EET 2013

Am 10.02.2013 16:42, schrieb Johan Helsingius:
>> the much more interesting infomration would be what dovecot version
>>  Ubuntu 10.10 had
>
> I of course realized that as I was writing my message, but I am afraid I don't
> have that information available any more.
>
>> especially if and how you planned migration or did you blindly upgrade
>> without consider what this means for services and testing at all?
>
> Definitely a mea culpa here. Not much planning, just hoping for the
> best - counting on config files not having changed too much. I am the
> first one to admit it definitely isn't how it *should* be done

http://library.linode.com/email/postfix/dovecot-mysql-ubuntu-10.10-maverick
Jan 21 18:55:39 li181-194 dovecot: Dovecot v1.2.12 starting up (core dumps disabled)

so you upgraded from doveot 1.2 to 2.0
a major mistake without planning

always setup a virtual machine, configure it like your running server
and play around with test and snapshots until you have the needed
changes for your setup figured out - for any service

http://wiki2.dovecot.org/Upgrading/2.0