[Dovecot] Defer emails until the user is ready to deal with them (snooze button / bring-forward file / bring-up file for emails)

Chris Laif chris.laif at googlemail.com
Sat Feb 16 18:50:21 EET 2013

> if you do not want to see new mails do not check for
> them - no need to mangle messages
>
> switch TB in the offline-mode or clsoe the mail-client
> based on WHAT will wahtever you think you need to implement
> dec ide "if the user is ready"

Sorry, but that's not what I meant. After reading a message, I would
like to decide that this very specific message should disappear from
my mailbox for some time (I'am not able to handle/answer this email
today, so it should reappear tomorrow/next week/...).

I agree that this transforms email into a kind of todo/task-list. But
many people I know are using email-accounts this way. Gmail and
mailboxapp.com (and probably more) offer similar features, just google
for 'snooze email'.

Very likely it is not necessary to modifiy Thunderbird (or any other
email-client) for this. You just have to set up a filter folder
'do-not-show-until-time'>now().

Chris