[Dovecot] dovecot-uidlist crashing and re retriving messages by pop3 clients

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Sat Feb 16 19:10:36 EET 2013

On Wed, 2013-02-13 at 23:43 +0100, Piotr Rotter wrote:
> I configure director temporary in some tricky way because I have to
> serve md5 and ntlm authentication method and I do not want reconfigure
> pop/imap servers.
>
> Can you confirm I done all ok becouse I have that issue:
>
>   # doveadm director map
> doveadm(root): Error: User listing returned failure
> doveadm(root): Error: user listing failed
> user

All is working. If you want "doveadm director map" command to work you
need to either:

a) Make "doveadm user '*'" command work by providing appropriate userdb
configuration or

b) use doveadm director map -f userdb parameter where userdb is a file
that lists all the usernames you have.

There's no need to use doveadm director map command at all though.