[Dovecot] dsync can't sync mbox2mdbox two times

Peer Heinlein p.heinlein at heinlein-support.de
Tue Feb 26 11:14:13 EET 2013

Hi,

I have a server with Dovecot 2.1.x and I'm trying to convert
mbox-storages to mdbox-storages.

# 2.1.7: /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf
# OS: Linux 2.6.32-5-amd64 x86_64 Debian 6.0.7
mail_location = mbox:~/mail

During the first run everything's okay, but if I run the migration a
second time, the later migration is broken:

root at mailstore1:/srv/vmail/cklein# rm -R mdbox/

root at mailstore1:/srv/vmail/cklein# doveadm -v -o mail_plugins=zlib sync
-u cklein mdbox:/srv/vmail/cklein/mdbox
dsync(cklein): Info: test: only in source
(guid=0c323b1a430a7350c8590000a69b85fa)
dsync(cklein): Info: saved-drafts: only in source
(guid=a759b2290cda65504c590000a69b85fa)
dsync(cklein): Info: inbox: only in source
(guid=a84828310cda65504d590000a69b85fa)
dsync(cklein): Info: sent-mail: only in source
(guid=a859b2290cda65504c590000a69b85fa)
dsync(cklein): Info: spam-mail: only in source
(guid=a959b2290cda65504c590000a69b85fa)
dsync(cklein): Info: mail-trash: only in source
(guid=aa59b2290cda65504c590000a69b85fa)
dsync(cklein): Info: Trash: only in source
(guid=c0d2c117a785755049640000fd7d4449)
dsync(cklein): Info: INBOX.test2: only in source
(guid=d6c2d20a2bd013511d030000a69b85fa)
dsync(cklein): Info: huhu: only in source
(guid=e310ed050ecf1351c37d0000a69b85fa)

root at mailstore1:/srv/vmail/cklein# doveadm -v -o mail_plugins=zlib sync
-u cklein mdbox:/srv/vmail/cklein/mdbox
dsync(cklein): Error: Can't rename mailbox inbox to INBOX: Target
mailbox already exists

This is what the mbox-folder of the user looks like:

root at mailstore1:/srv/vmail/cklein# ls -la mail/
insgesamt 404
drwx------  4 vmail vmail   4096 26. Feb 10:09 .
drwx------  5 vmail vmail   4096 18. Feb 23:20 ..
-rw-------  1 vmail vmail    540 26. Feb 10:09 huhu
drwx------ 17 vmail vmail   4096  7. Feb 17:02 .imap
-rw-------  1 vmail vmail  97664 26. Feb 10:09 inbox
-rw-------  1 vmail vmail    540 26. Feb 10:09 INBOX.test2
drwx------  2 vmail vmail   4096 26. Feb 09:56 mail
-rw-------  1 vmail vmail  18842 26. Feb 10:09 mail-trash
-rw-------  1 vmail vmail   2768 26. Feb 10:09 saved-drafts
-rw-------  1 vmail vmail 239274 26. Feb 10:09 sent-mail
-rw-------  1 vmail vmail    540 26. Feb 10:09 spam-mail
-rw-------  1 vmail vmail    598 26. Feb 10:09 test
-rw-------  1 vmail vmail    540 26. Feb 10:09 Trash

And this is what Dovecot can see accessing the mbox-storage:

root at mailstore1:/srv/vmail/cklein# doveadm  mailbox list -u cklein
test
mail-trash
saved-drafts
sent-mail
spam-mail
Trash
huhu
INBOX.test2
inbox
mail

And this is what Dovecot can see accessing the mdbox-storage:

root at mailstore1:/srv/vmail/cklein# doveadm  -c
/etc/dovecot/mdbox-test.conf mailbox list -u cklein
sent-mail
saved-drafts
Trash
spam-mail
mail-trash
mail
huhu
test
INBOX
INBOX.test2

Is it a bug renaming the inbox-Folder to uppercases or do I have a
mistake in my mbox-structure?

Peer

--
Heinlein Support GmbH
Schwedter Str. 8/9b, 10119 Berlin

http://www.heinlein-support.de

Tel: 030 / 405051-42
Fax: 030 / 405051-19

Zwangsangaben lt. §35a GmbHG: HRB 93818 B / Amtsgericht
Berlin-Charlottenburg,