[Dovecot] lmtp problem with wrong index path

Dimos Alevizos dalevizo at otenet.gr
Tue Feb 26 15:45:57 EET 2013

I managed to reproduce the problem, but it required sending 1000 mails
with multiple recipients.
In every case I checked, the wrong index path is indeed the first RCPT
TO's in that session.
However it doesn't happen to all other recipients in the session, nor to
the same one each time.
In any case since the mail get delivered to the correct mbox and you say
that the errors are unnecessary we can essentially consider it case closed.

I've got another question about the directors though and what you
mentioned in your earlier mail that we can set mail_nfs_index=no and
mail_nfs_storage=no.
I've noticed that our directors point to different backends if the user
logins as "user" vs "user at domain" and as a result there are users ending
up in more than one server (several of them use just their username in
one client and the full user at domain in another and vice versa).
Up till now we didn't think much about it because it's not that common.

Our directors have the following config :

userdb {
   driver = static
   args = proxy=y nopassword=y
}

We tried changing that to ldap with the same config you posted but it
doesn't change anything.
I presume it can be configured and we're just missing something ?

Dimos Alevizos