[Dovecot] lmtp problem with wrong index path

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Wed Feb 27 14:44:38 EET 2013

On 26.2.2013, at 15.45, Dimos Alevizos <dalevizo at otenet.gr> wrote:

> I managed to reproduce the problem, but it required sending 1000 mails with multiple recipients.
> In every case I checked, the wrong index path is indeed the first RCPT TO's in that session.
> However it doesn't happen to all other recipients in the session, nor to the same one each time.
> In any case since the mail get delivered to the correct mbox and you say that the errors are unnecessary we can essentially consider it case closed.

OK, that explains why I couldn't reprodue it easily. Although I'm still not sure why it would happen sometimes and not other times.

> I've got another question about the directors though and what you mentioned in your earlier mail that we can set mail_nfs_index=no and mail_nfs_storage=no.
> I've noticed that our directors point to different backends if the user logins as "user" vs "user at domain" and as a result there are users ending up in more than one server (several of them use just their username in one client and the full user at domain in another and vice versa).
> Up till now we didn't think much about it because it's not that common.

Do you only have one domain? Maybe easiest would be to set auth_default_realm to that.

> Our directors have the following config :
>
> userdb {
>  driver = static
>  args = proxy=y nopassword=y
> }

This is passdb configuration as a userdb, so it doesn't really work. Except directors don't use userdb, so it doesn't really break either.

> We tried changing that to ldap with the same config you posted but it doesn't change anything.
> I presume it can be configured and we're just missing something ?

You had:
pass_attrs = mail=user,userpassword=password

This should have changed the username always to same as "mail" field, which should standardize the usernames with director also.