[Dovecot] Sieve filters on folders, different from INBOX

Robert Schetterer rs at sys4.de
Tue Feb 26 15:54:42 EET 2013

Am 26.02.2013 14:20, schrieb Valery V. Sedletski:
> Hi all
>
> Is it possible to configure Dovecot's sieve plugin to act on message
> arrival to folders, other than INBOX?

sieve is invoked by lda or lmtp not "as arrive in inbox"

> I wish to move messages fetched by pop3 fetcher to special folder, or sort

if you use i.e getmail and maildir it may possible

look

http://pyropus.ca/software/getmail/getmailrc-examples

> outgoing mail to folders, specific

outgoing mail is smtp, with i.e imap copy to sent folder etc
if you want other folders your imap client should do it

try i.e

https://addons.mozilla.org/de/thunderbird/addon/send-filter/?src=search

> to their recipients.
>
> Thanhs in advance,

i guess what you want in gneral ,is more advanced ( new ) handling
of mail workflow at all, look at list archives for more info on
some stuff you asked, some may work in the future with new features in
imap and sieve, but meanwhile you have to workaround

> WBR,
> valery

Best Regards
MfG Robert Schetterer