[Dovecot] Converting a POP3 client to IMAP

Kristen J. Webb kwebb at teradactyl.com
Wed Feb 27 00:29:56 EET 2013

Hi Steffen,
Thank you so much for your quick reply!
I apparently missed it the first time.

I think this is close to what I need.
My only problem is that all of the
mail is currently in a Thunderbird
client (we don't leave messages on
our current POP3 server).

Could I set up each user with a migration
account, so they can drag/drop their
email to get them on the mail
server (in imap or pop3 if needed?)
and then somehow use fetchmail
to process the messages again to their
new real account (sieve & all)?

Kris

On 2/13/13 12:56 AM, Steffen Kaiser wrote:

--
This message is NOT encrypted
--------------------------------
Email: kwebb at teradactyl.com
Web: http://www.teradactyl.com

Providers of Scalable Backup Solutions
    for Unique Data Environments

--------------------------------
NOTICE TO RECIPIENTS: Any information contained in or attached to this message
is intended solely for the use of the intended recipient(s). If you are not the
intended recipient of this transmittal, you are hereby notified that you
received this transmittal in error, and we request that you please delete and
destroy all copies and attachments in your possession, notify the sender that
you have received this communication in error, and note that any review or
dissemination of, or the taking of any action in reliance on, this communication
is expressly prohibited.

Regular internet e-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or
error-free. Therefore, we do not represent that this information is complete or
accurate, and it should not be relied upon as such. If you prefer to communicate
with Teradactyl LLC. using secure (i.e., encrypted and/or digitally signed)
e-mail transmission, please notify the sender. Otherwise, you will be deemed to
have consented to communicate with Teradactyl via regular internet e-mail
transmission. Please note that Teradactyl reserves the right to intercept,
monitor, and retain all e-mail messages (including secure e-mail messages) sent
to or from its systems as permitted by applicable law.