[Dovecot] Sieve filters on folders, different from INBOX

Valery V. Sedletski valerius at afterlogic.com
Wed Feb 27 15:56:14 EET 2013

>> So, if sieve is invoked by lda, then, probably, I could invoke dovecot-lda from wrapper script on each mail
>> after it is fetched?
>
>with getmail
>
>[destination]
>type = MDA_external
>path = /usr/lib/dovecot/deliver
>
>But then it will be copied to INBOX... -- Is it possible to specify the
>other folder to deliver to,
>> to the deliver program?
>
>the sieve filter invoked bx deliver does it, i.e rule
>
>if header :contains ...  fileinto :create "folder"
>
>or whatever

Ah, yes. Really, I looked to mpop options, it can call various LDA's. And, dovecot-lda has "-m" parameter,
which allows to specify the mailbox name. So, I can deliver the mail arrived by fetcher, via dovecot-lda,
and Sieve filters will work. Also, as a bonus, delivering mail via LDA will correctly update user quotas -- the
problem which resolved by itself :) Great :)

>>> outgoing mail is smtp, with i.e imap copy to sent folder etc
>>> if you want other folders your imap client should do it
>>>

>> So, I can invoke Sieve interpreter from SMTP server, or process it via dovecot-lda, like in fetcher case?
>
>in general ,i dont think so , there may be some workaround with server
>bcc_copy and i.e plus adressing with sieve then for "sent" mail

Yes, this is a variant. But what if I modify the Dovecot post-login script (a wrapper for IMAP process), or
add the sieve plugin to protocol "imap {mail_plugins = ...}" ? Will it be invoked on each operation with
mailboxes?

>>> try i.e
>>>
>>> https://addons.mozilla.org/de/thunderbird/addon/send-filter/?src=search

WBR,