[Dovecot] Sieve filters on folders, different from INBOX

Robert Schetterer rs at sys4.de
Tue Feb 26 17:40:11 EET 2013

Am 26.02.2013 15:40, schrieb Valery V. Sedletski:

> [...]

with getmail

[destination]
type = MDA_external
path = /usr/lib/dovecot/deliver

But then it will be copied to INBOX... -- Is it possible to specify the
other folder to deliver to,
> to the deliver program?

the sieve filter invoked bx deliver does it, i.e rule

if header :contains ...  fileinto :create "folder"

or whatever

>>> outgoing mail to folders, specific
>>
>> outgoing mail is smtp, with i.e imap copy to sent folder etc
>> if you want other folders your imap client should do it
>>

> So, I can invoke Sieve interpreter from SMTP server, or process it via dovecot-lda, like in fetcher case?

in general ,i dont think so , there may be some workaround with server
bcc_copy and i.e plus adressing with sieve then for "sent" mail

>> try i.e
>>
>> https://addons.mozilla.org/de/thunderbird/addon/send-filter/?src=search
>>

>>> to their recipients.
>>>
>>> Thanhs in advance,
>>
>> i guess what you want in gneral ,is more advanced ( new ) handling
>> of mail workflow at all, look at list archives for more info on
>> some stuff you asked, some may work in the future with new features in
>> imap and sieve, but meanwhile you have to workaround
>>

> I used such features with my old POP3 client (it was the good old PMMail in OS/2). But it
> worked on POP3 client side, with local folders. It seemed to be not very advanced, but I just
> got a case to implement the same with Dovecot and Exim :)

your talking about different things, there is a lot you can do with
allready downloaded mail or at "internal" mailservices
which may not make sense in "online" mailservers

>>> WBR,
>>> valery
>>>

>> Best Regards
>> MfG Robert Schetterer
>>
>> --
>> [*] sys4 AG
>>
>> http://sys4.de, +49 (89) 30 90 46 64
>> Franziskanerstraße 15, 81669 München
>>
>> Sitz der Gesellschaft: München, Amtsgericht München: HRB 199263
>> Vorstand: Patrick Ben Koetter, Axel von der Ohe, Marc Schiffbauer
>> Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender: Joerg Heidrich

Best Regards
MfG Robert Schetterer