[Dovecot] Migrating mailboxes

Odhiambo Washington odhiambo at gmail.com
Wed Jan 9 16:31:27 EET 2013

On Wed, Jan 9, 2013 at 5:20 PM, Gedalya <gedalya at gedalya.net> wrote:

> Charles is right, There is little point in migrating mailboxes onto the
> server now, do the upgrade before!
> See if you can get a recent 1.2 version or if possible 2.1.
> More recent versions also have better features to help you with handling
> or converting a foreign mail store, but that is hardly even the central
> point here :-)

LOL

> As for your old mail system, what software does it use?

Software in terms of front-end? I don't know if they use pop, but I
understand they use squirrelmail as frontend.

> Do you have mailboxes with actual mail in them?

Yes, a few - like the one I listed for johndoe.

> Your ls output seems to show only indexes.

Hmmm.. maybe

See the output below

[root at mail home]# cd johndoe/
[root at mail johndoe]# du -h mail/
32K     mail/.imap/Sent
40K     mail/.imap/Trash
32K     mail/.imap/Drafts
176K    mail/.imap/INBOX
284K    mail/.imap
88M     mail/

I wonder what is that 88MB? Just indexes??

--
Best regards,
Odhiambo WASHINGTON,