[Dovecot] login_trusted_networks from webmail ?

Jan-Frode Myklebust janfrode at tanso.net
Wed Jul 3 23:29:04 EEST 2013

I'd like to get the IP-address of the webmail-klient logged in my
maillog (for being compliant with coming data retention policies). I've
noticed that with login_trusted_networks pointing at my dovecot
directors, we get rip=client-ip logged on the backends. How is the proxy
providing this to the dovecot backends? Anybody know what magic we need
to implement in our webmail-solution to be able to forward the
webmail-client-ip and have it logged as rip= in dovecot?

I belive it will be enough to have it logged as rip= on the directors,
maybe not needed to be forwarded all the way to the backends (but that
would be nice as well).

   -jf