[Dovecot] CaCert certificate configuration help needed

lst_hoe02 at kwsoft.de lst_hoe02 at kwsoft.de
Thu Jul 4 12:32:10 EEST 2013

Zitat von gw1500se <i_was_yah00ed at yahoo.com>:

> I was not able to find specific help for configuring the crt file for CaCert.
> I gleaned from examples the following order:
>
> server certificate
> CaCert class 3 certificate
> Cacert root certificate
>
> However, when I try to configure my mail reading for IMAP, Dovecot shows the
> following error in the log:
>
> dovecot: imap-login: Aborted login (no auth attempts):
>
> I am assuming, based on searches for this error, that my crt file is not
> correct but I don't know what to do at this point. Can someone steer me in
> the right direction? TIA.

The server (dovecot) needs the server certificate, the matching
private key and the intermediate CAs, not the root-CA. The client need
the root-CA in it's "trust store" so you have to make your client
trusting the CaCert root-CA. For the dovcot side have a look here:
http://wiki2.dovecot.org/SSL/DovecotConfiguration

Regards

Andreas