[Dovecot] avoid log message when using nagios check

Daniel Parthey d.parthey at metaways.de
Wed Jul 10 15:16:16 EEST 2013

Am 10.07.2013 10:59, schrieb lluis:
> Hello,
> I'm using a nagios check to monitor dovecot status, since dovecot v2 I
> see those syslog messages on every nagios check:
>
> pop3-login: Aborted login (no auth attempts in 0 secs)
> imap-login: Aborted login (no auth attempts in 0 secs)
>
> I tried to avoid those messages sending a logout string:
>
> check_imap -H localhost -e 'OK' -s 'a logout'
> check_pop -H localhost -e 'OK' -s 'quit'
>
> but now I get
>
> imap-login: Disconnected (no auth attempts in 0 secs)
> pop3-login: Disconnected (no auth attempts in 0 secs)
>
> what can I do to avoid a log message on every nagios check?

Just do a complete login/logout sequence.
I have developed some perl scripts to do so.

This is fine for the nagios checks, but we are facing similar
problems with our loadbalancer, which is just doing TCP Healthchecks
on the IMAP/POP3/SIEVE ports, so being able to disable the warning
for trusted networks would be really helpful.

Regards
Daniel
--
Dipl.-Inf. Daniel Parthey
System Engineer

E-Mail: d.parthey at metaways.de
Web:    http://www.metaways.de
Tel:    +49 (0)40 317031-537
Fax:    +49 (0)40 317031-937

Metaways Infosystems GmbH - Sitz: D-22967 Tremsbüttel
Handelsregister: Amtsgericht Lübeck HRB 4508 AH
Geschäftsführung: Hermann Thaele, Lüder-H.Thaele