[Dovecot] avoid log message when using nagios check

Kelsey Cummings kgc at corp.sonic.net
Wed Jul 10 21:48:01 EEST 2013

On 2013-07-10 05:16, Daniel Parthey wrote:
> Just do a complete login/logout sequence.

If you aren't doing a complete login/logout sequence and possibly even
pulling down a message you aren't performing an accurate health check to
begin with.  We don't use nagios but I'd be surprised if those scripts
don't optionally take a username and password.

> This is fine for the nagios checks, but we are facing similar
> problems with our loadbalancer, which is just doing TCP Healthchecks
> on the IMAP/POP3/SIEVE ports, so being able to disable the warning
> for trusted networks would be really helpful.

Same here.  We use LVS with surealived and LUA scripting to do a
complete login/logout cycle as part of the health check.  Even the
ancient Alteon's had similar functionality (and supported common
protocols like pop and imap out of the box.)

--
Kelsey Cummings - kgc at corp.sonic.net      sonic.net, inc.
System Architect                          2260 Apollo Way